The basics of search engine optimization - Rule No. 1: There are no shortcuts
The bad news is: if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to get great results. There isn’t one. Instead, expect to do some hard work, especially when it comes to the content
of your site. Many new clients come to us and say 'I want to be number one on Google' without any real understanding of how the search engine process works.
Of course, it's completely understandable for people to not realise how much work is involved in having Google
(or other search engines) rank your website high enough to appear at the number one position or even on the first page of the search results and this is even more true if you are in a competitive business sector with lots of other people/business all wanting the same position. Why? Because you have to be specific about what search term people will find you for and the more search terms you include in your website, the less effective they are. You will also need patience. Results do not come overnight. Google alone can take up to three months to update its index with your new website or new/changed content on your existing website. It doesn't usually take this long but it's certainly not an over-night update process. Possibly the single most important thing you need to do for your website is: write good content. Even if your website is technically perfect for search engines, it won’t do you any good unless you also fill it with good content. Yes, really! We can guide you with the best ways to approach writing your own content
and also help you with 'key word/phrase research' to find the all-important words to use.
We also offer a full Search Engine Optimisation service which involves in-depth working on text and general content plus regular research/measure/implement processes to keep your website high in the ranking. Work undertaken in this regards includes:
Both on and off-site:
- Implementation of individual meta data on a per-page basis
- Optimisation of your website graphics (titles / alt-tags)
- Internal link building
- Modification of the site’s structure, layout and content for the chosen keywords
- Modification of the site’s structure to rank content in priority order
- Utilising our knowledge and understanding of PHP/MySql to build / add to dynamic elements on the site alongside the static elements
- Creation and submission of XML, ROR and text site maps to Search Engines
- Ongoing updating and submission of XML, ROR and text site maps to relevant Search Engines
- The use of our experienced in-house copywriter to facilitate keyword-rich content
- Directory submissions, writing and submitting of articles, writing and submitting of press releases
- Product feeds building and submission to shopping sites as appropriate
- Incoming link-building – including satellite sites where appropriate (additional cost applies for set-up and hosting of individual satellite sites)
- Ongoing advice, guidance and discussions between ourselves and you to implement ideas to assist with the flow of traffic to the site
- Performance is monitored with a monthly report showing keyword positions
- Monitoring of web-stats and subsequent implementation based on results.